Personal & Commercial Lines Agent:
- Develops base for long-term sources of clients by using referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects; agency provides new and existing prospects.
- Determines clients' particular needs and financial situations and extent of present coverage and ascertains long-term goals.
- Developes a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term strategy implementation.
- Obtains underwriting approval by completing application for coverage.
- Completes coverage by planning future follow-up visits and evaluations of needs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances insurance agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Qualifications:
Prospecting Skills, Meeting Sales Goals
Motivation for Sales
Selling to Customer Needs
General Math Skills & Statistical Analysis
Organization & Dependability
- Answer 4 Incoming Lines
- Gather Information from Potential Clients
- Input Data into Database & Rating Software
- Greet Clients
- Postage & Process Mail
- Filing -- New Business, Cancels, Annual Update
- Make Follow Up Phone Calls (Change Forms)
- CARE Reviews Client Appointment (Email, Phone Call, Mail to set up appt. with current clients for CARE Reviews annually)
- Complete Company New Business Packets
- Complete New Client Business Packets
- Process Miscellaneous Correspondence
- Track Annual Policy In Force Counts
- Empty Trash 1 x week
- Keep breakroom/kitchen area tidy
- Postage Meter Refill
- Copier Count Reporting
- Misc Phone Calls – Affordable Shred, Landlord, etc.
- Print Misc Reports
- Additional General Office Tasks
Hours: 9a – 3p, Mon – Thursday or 10a – 4p or 8a – 2p
Pay: $10 - $11 per hour
Benefits: Flexible Schedule, Retirement Contribution